Sunday, March 13, 2011

So, where have I been?

So, where have I been? Good question. If you were to ask me that question, at first I would say that I have found that it takes longer than I expected to get my name changed, bank account merged, etc... and all the other newly married paper work. But, then as I sit here, my right ear is randomly popping when I swallow, and I am reminded of the other major events that have taken place in the last three and a half months.

Let's see. The week after my wedding I had a ear infection (November). Thank goodness that we hadn't planned to take our honeymoon that week. Imagine riding in a plane with an ear infection. Then, the worst sinus infection that I have ever had lasted for two months until I gave up on zpacks and went to an Ear, Nose, and Throat Dr. (This was in January.) Meanwhile, I had a stomach virus in December and missed school. I guess I gave Sam my stomach virus, because during the Christmas holiday he was not feeling so well. In February, I had the flu and taught school two days in a row with a 102 temperature -just because I have missed enough days. And then, three weeks ago, I woke one Monday morning with an ear infection again and in a matter of a few hours, my eardrum ruptured. ENOUGH SICKNESS!!!!

Thankfully, I have had enough days between all the sickness to enjoy being a newlywed. Sam and I have had a lot of fun even though I have been sick so much and he has had to study every evening during the week and most of the weekend for all of his Arlington Fire Department training. (Right now he is reading some of his study material out loud. He does this when he is trying to stay awake or focus.)

Okay, I know. I know. You are thinking "So, what about food? This blog is supposed to be about the food you are cooking!" Just wait. I am getting there. First, I have to show you what else has consumed quite a bit of my time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment